In our classroom we are using a few different online resources to support our curriculum. Below I have included the names of those resources and instructions on how to use them. Please let me know if something is still not accessible!
To access MobyMax at home here are the instructions:
- Go to mobymax.com and click on "sign in" on the top right
- Enter "ray elem" in the find school section
- Click the Ray that is in Chicago
- The username and password are the students first name.
We have been using a great website called storybird.com! This website allows students to creatively write stories based on their own selection of pictures. This is a great way to encourage students to write! Students have been giving a username and password in class. Please let me know if you have any questions about this wonderful resource!
Think Through Math
Students have started using another great online tool! This particular site allows students to work through a variety of lessons. The questions are common core aligned and also will be helpful for critical thinking skills that will be needed on the PARCC and NWEA.
- Go to www.thinkthroughmath.com
- Students will be asked to type in the password and username (both are last name, first initial and some numbers). Students were given these in class.
- Students can click on the next lesson and begin!
We will be starting to use this resource during guided reading time! Current events come alive through this non-ficition based website. This site consists of current events that are organized by subject/topic area and is searchable. The Lexile level of an article can be adjusted based on given choices and many of the articles include a quiz. This is a great resource for helping your student read non-fiction texts. It is free to sign up!
- Go to Newsela.com
- Click sign up
- I have set up a class and the sign up code is QDFHCE